The G20 YEA holds an annual Summit prior to the official B20 and G20 Leader’s Summits. The G20 YEA Summit is a forum where young entrepreneurs, thought leaders and world-class entrepreneurship-focused organisations from around the world can meet with their peers, share best practices and develop recommendations to drive youth entrepreneurship in their respective countries. These recommendations are then put forward to leaders attending the B20 and G20 Summits and are actioned by the G20 YEA members in their respective countries.
The G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance was founded as a movement to engage the G20 leaders in the cause of youth entrepreneurship, share best practice across borders, affect positive policy change and create a global network of young entrepreneur advocates while building a collaborative entrepreneurial environment worldwide
- World political leaders acknowledge in G20 communiqué that young entrepreneurs and innovation create solutions to many of the issues they address, such as;
- economic growth
- job creation, and
- 20 leading entrepreneur support organisations:
- Identify best practice
- Establish task forces (delegates) within each country for entrepreneur ecosystem development
- Assemble the world’s top young entrepreneurs to;
- create proactive solutions to the G20 priority problems
- network, grow existing businesses internationally and build new enterprises
- Launch results of the knowledge partner research reports
- Present Communiqué & Strategy on addressing global youth unemployment at culmination of event to;
- the Australian Prime Minister & Sherpa
- the Deputy Prime Minister, Ministers for Small Business & Innovation
- leaders of B20, Y20, L20, C20, Lowy institute
- as well as Sherpa’s, Ambassadors, Ministers and other government representatives from all G20 countries.
The communiqué has recommendations on policies these countries can adopt to promote youth entrepreneurship in their countries in the areas of access to finance, coordinated support, regulation, promoting an entrepreneurial culture, and education.
- Alliance member organisations assist young entrepreneurs by effecting change in their local ecosystem across the five G20 YEA pillars, including;
- access to funding
- globalisation, trade and investment
- building entrepreneurship culture
- entrepreneur education, training, and coordinated support
- tax and regulation.
Click here for G20YEA Summit Delegate Program